CIty Council Action Summary: City Council Action - Marchl 15, 2005
CENTERVILLE CITY COUNCIL ACTION
March 15, 2005
This summary is for information purposes only, and is not an official record of Council decisions. Official actions and decisions are reflected in the approved minutes of this meeting.
For additional information about agenda items see the City Manager’s Summary Memo of this meeting. (located on the left side of the website home page under “other info”, on the calendar for this date, or search under city Council meeting agendas).
WORK SESSION - Continuation of Council Goal Setting Session (Dinner at 5:45) - The Council continued discussion of goals.
OPEN SESSION - Carolyn Blackburn presented to the Council a painting of the Whitaker Home, which the Council previously commissioned her to paint. The painting will be presented to Clara Goudy at a later meeting.
1. Summary Action Calendar - Unanimously approved items b and c. Tabled item a, the Council would like to have additional information on street sweeping services and other pricing.
a. Agreement with Davis County for street sweeping services
b. Award bid to Mountain States in the amount of $17,311.50 for materials and to M.C. Green in the amount of $19,935for labor for the Ricks Creek Subdivision waterline
c. Award bid to Mountain States in the amount of $11,860.25 for materials and to Brinkerhoff Excavating in the amount of $16,720 for labor for the Chase Lane Village Subdivision Phase III water line
2. Tumbleweed Condominiums Subdivision final plat - Unanimously approved.
3. Public hearing on petition filed by Ron Trump to rezone from A-L (Agriculture-Low) to R-L (Residential-Low) approximately 7.344 acres of property located at 150 West 475 South for the purpose of developing a residential subdivision - Consider Ordinance No. 2005-03 - No one spoke at the public hearing. Unanimously approved.
4. Foxbridge Plat E Amended Subdivision Lot Vacation
a. Public hearing on vacation of Lot 1 of Foxbridge Plat E Amended Subdivision (scheduled for 7:40 p.m.) - Jeff Lamb, applicant, addressed the Council.
b. Consider Ordinance No. 2005-04 authorizing the Mayor to sign Vacation Order No. 2005-02, vacating Lot 1 from Foxbridge Plat E Amended Subdivision - Unanimously approved.
c. Consider final plat for Lamb Subdivision - Unanimously approved.
5. Code Enforcement Task Force report and recommendations - The Council discussed code enforcement issues.
6. Discuss zoning regulations of the Public Facilities Zone pertaining to cell towers - The Council discussed some recommended modifications to the current ordinance.
7. MINUTES REVIEW AND ACCEPTANCE - March 1, 2005 Council meeting - Unanimously approved , with minor revisions.
8. Mayor’s Report - No report, due to lack of time.
9. City Manager’s Report - No report, due to lack of time.
10. Miscellaneous Business
a. ULCT Mid-Year Conference registration
b. Dates for July 4th celebration activities
c. Review topics for May 2005 newsletter
11. Closed meeting, if necessary, for reasons allowed by state law - Meeting held for potential purchase of property and pending or potential litigation.
12. Possible action following closed meeting - No action.
MINUTES REVIEW AND ACCEPTANCE - March 1, 2005 RDA meeting - Unanimously approved, with no revisions.
1. Presentation by Bill Davies regarding Rogers Memorial Theater - The Board discussed Rogers Memorial Theater with Mr. Davies. The Board directed staff to pursue the possibility of providing land for a new building on lot 3 of the Centerville Marketplace Corporate subdivision.
2, Discuss potential RDA projects
A. Assistance for Rodgers Memorial Theater - As discussed above.
B. Street lighting in commercial area - Tabled to a later date.
C. Preservation of affordable housing- The Board discussed the possibility of establishing an affordable housing fund. The board directed staff to pursue the possibility of establishing a affordable housing fund.
3. Closed meeting, if necessary, to discuss sale and/or lease of real property - No meeting held.